Our Quest for Our New Vicar
The next Vicar of Wantage will be an experienced priest who leads in worship and inspires in outreach. We value our catholic tradition but are open and ready to respond in new ways to our Christian calling. Our attractive market town is growing. We want to build on our strengths through evolutionary change in order to draw more people in to share in the love of Christ.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Encourage and support the existing congregations
- Attract and retain younger people and families with children
- Inspire and motivate lay involvement and action
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Accept the ministry of all called to ordination
- Offer thought-provoking preaching adapted to the occasion
- Demonstrate successful engagement with young people
- Lead the development of a renewed Parish vision
In Wantage the successful candidate will find:
- A committed church community supporting many different aspects of Parish life
- A Parish with two churches, both in good repair and one completely refurbished last year
- A part-time Parish administrator
- A strong musical tradition
- A healthy financial position
- An attractive vicarage in the centre of the town
This appointment will be made by the Dean and Canons of Windsor, as patrons, in conjunction with the Bishop of Dorchester.
Application Form Parish Profile Recruitment Monitoring Form
Applicants are welcome to contact the Area Dean for more information, the Revd Jason St John Nicolle; Tel: 01235 850267; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be returned to: The Bishop of Dorchester, Church House Oxford, Langford Locks, Kidlington, OX5 1GF; Tel: 01865 208218;
Closing date: 12 November 2018; Interviews: 30 November 2018; DBS Enhanced Disclosure is required.
18th October 2018